Type your paragraph here.
We hope to provide resources and support for patients and their families during a difficult time.
This is the most important factor in your stay. Engage the help you need.
Prior to your stay:
1. Patient Navigator - this is a generally a an employee of your insurer or the health system and they will arrange the proper approvals, images, tests, etc. If this is done well, it saves endless amounts of time and frustration.
2. Arrange services expected upon your release home. Do this while you have time and interview reputable private duty nursing, home health, and medical equipment companies. Coordinate with your insurer.
While in the hospital:
1. Your assigned nurse and his/her team lead
2. The certified nursing assistant (CNA)
3. The attending physician
4. A hospitalist if you are coordinating the care of several specialists
Keep family and friends updated. These sites also provide great support groups.
1. CarePages www.carepages.com
2. CaringBridge www.caringbridge.org
What to Pack:
Whether you are the patient, spouse, family, or friend...these are helpful items to bring a bit of home into the hospital.